Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Larabar Banana Bread

Larabar Banana Bread ($1.50, Harris Teeter)
1.8 oz / 51g

Ingredients: almonds, dates, unsweetened bananas. 

Calories: 230
Calories from fat: 100
Fat: 11g (17%)
Sat. Fat: 1g (4%)
Sodium: 0mg (0%)
Total Carb: 30g (10%)
Fiber: 5g (20%)
Sugars: 20g
Protein: 6g 

Not surprisingly a compressed date bar but instead of cocoa this one has bananas in it. It looks terrible, a blotchy mess. I think I've mentioned before that these mostly look like bars of fancy soap. Anyway, it tastes good - the almonds provide some texture and it tastes like, well, banana bread. I feel like that can't really be possible; like they must be controlling my mind somehow. This is just pulverized bananas, dates, and almonds - not even any spices or anything, according to the wrapper - but it really does evoke a "banana bread" taste. And yes, it is over half fat & sugar but presumably they are the good kinds that come from fruits and nuts. So maybe there is some supernatural (see what I did there?) force at work but I suppose at the end of the day you have to throw your lot in with someone, might as well be the magical banana bread people. 


No comments: